Monday 27 May 2013

Garden Quotations

I love all quotations and especially like this one by Robert Browning. Will post more of these as we pass through the seasons. 


The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!


Please feel free to post below using the comments link any of your favourite quotations and whether they have a special meaning for you.

2 comments:

  1. “What’s the weather like there?”
    “It’s lovely”
    “Is it, it’s cold and wet here”
    “Yes, it is here too!”

    Ever since my Dad introduced me to fishing as a very young boy, I’ve enjoyed being outdoors for one reason or another. Whether walking in the hills, photographing the landscape, riding my bike or just flying my kite, the weather is always there and we should learn to love it however bad (hot) or good (cold) it is!!

    I love it when Sarah looks out the window and says “It’s a proper Lake District day today... it’s raining!”

    “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”
    John Ruskin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David thanks for your reply, I liked reading about your time spent outdoors as a boy and it took me back to memories of my own happy childhood.
    I haven't come across your quote by John Ruskin so that is one that I shall copy and save.

    ReplyDelete